- Funding for endowments, capital campaigns, arts institutions, and other grants are made at the discretion of the board; proposals are not accepted for these purposes.
- Although the Foundation appreciates the time and effort that each organization spends in applying, not all requests can be funded, and all decisions are made at the discretion of the board.
- The Foundation may request to make a site visit to a program.
- Grants are awarded for a one-year period and may be extended based on grantee performance and program effectiveness.
- Only one grant will be made to the same organization in a 12-month period.
- Grants are awarded to organizations based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Grants are not made to individuals, annual appeals, sectarian religious purposes, to cover deficits, or for conferences and events.