The next submission period will be from February 7th to February 17th with decisions made in May 2023.
How to Apply
The Foundation utilizes an online grants portal where applicants can submit grant requests and reports, and review their grant history online.
Current Grantees: Follow the instructions below to submit a new request.
New Applicants: We recommend contacting Eunice Valentine, Managing Director, before applying (firstname.lastname@example.org; 415-561-6540 ext.228). Follow the instructions below to submit your grant request.
STEP 1: Review the Foundation’s focus areas and guidelines to determine if your request meets the eligibility criteria. If you are not sure if your request is aligned with the focus areas, please contact Eunice Valentine at email@example.com.
STEP 2: If your request is aligned with the Foundation’s focus areas, submit an application through the online grants portal.
If you are not sure if you or your organization have an existing profile in the grants portal, please call our main line for support: (415) 561-6540.
STEP 3: Once logged in to the grants portal, complete the following items:
- Click the “New Proposal” icon to begin a new application.
- Be sure to save your work periodically by clicking ”Save Draft”, as the application form will not auto-save your work. You may return to a saved application that is in progress by clicking the “Current Proposals” icon on your home screen.
- Click “Submit” when complete. Submitted applications cannot be edited. You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received.
- New users be sure to complete the Organization Profile and Personal Profile under Organization and Contact Information. Please note: If your agency does not have a IRS 501(C) 3 tax-exempt determination letter, please upload a completed W-9 form.
- Whenever exiting the portal, be sure to log out before closing the page or browser.
STEP 4: After you have submitted an application, your request will be considered. Foundation staff will contact you when selection decisions have been made. To download a PDF version of your submitted application, click the “Current Proposals” icon, open the submitted application, and click the “Printable Application” button.
Note: Any draft applications remaining in the system after the application deadline has passed will not be saved.
- We recommend starting to work on your application in Word rather than in the online application form, particularly if you are working with several people to complete the application. Then, copy and paste your consolidated answers in the online application form. To help prepare, the questions which will be asked are all included in the Application Overview.
- The Foundation’s goal is to make the grant process as manageable as possible for prospective grantees. Please call our main line for technical questions and feedback about the application process: (415) 561-6540.